Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our 27th Anniversary!



Yep, 27 years ago I married my best friend, and guess what?!  He is STILL my best friend!!!

I mean, this guy is AMAZING.  He is still SO MUCH FUN to be with (as long as I can distract him from his HP palm, which requires MUCH animation on my part!).  He comes in from an overseas trip, and when I backed into the garage, sure enough -- he had CLEANED and organized all the stuff I had been throwing around out there!  He did multiple chores, and called me several times waiting for me....

When I walked in, there he was sitting all cute with this HUGE smile on his face.  He played TWO songs on the computer for me and made me sit and listen to all the words (I wanna grow old with you by Westlife --- awwwwww --- and "our song" Endless Love by Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie, which we danced to!!!)  THEN he read me an amazing note (which was on the back of HP letterhead!  ;-) ).  Then he told me that he shopped and shopped while in Switzerland, and ended up buying me a pink watch.  (I have to admit he is quite compulsive on the gifts he picks out -- I didn't even KNOW I needed a watch or wanted a watch, but he is so cute to pick it out for me!)

We then did some chores around the house, fixed the internet together, then went out to eat at Lebanese Grill with the best company in town:  our children and the wonderful BFF they have picked out (minus Gabe and Mike, who were sorely missed!).   Came home and enjoyed the Pistons game with Jesse and Amber.

What did I do for him?   Since we usually don't do gifts, I didn't get him a gift.  And, in my usual frenetic style I was searching all over the house for the card I bought my wonderful husband about a month ago and LOST.  I DID manage to find a cute card which was TOTALLY UNRELATED to anniversaries, but I wrote in it anyways.   Bummer.  I REALLY have to get it together in the card department...   

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You two are too cute! Happy Anniversary!!!

Life with Linda said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Ain't love grand?
30 yrs and counting for us

Christa Budzinski said...

I am so blessed to have such amazing parents to look up too!!! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!